Dentures have finally gone through a revolutionary breakthrough with the introduction of 3D imaging and 3D printing. We now offer our patients who are in
need of dentures this amazing service. 3D printed dentures offer several benefits compared to traditional dentures made through conventional methods.
Here are some of the advantages:
- Customization: 3D printing allows for precise and customizable dentures tailored to the patient's unique oral anatomy. The process starts with a digital scan of the patient's mouth, ensuring an accurate fit and better overall comfort.
- Improved Fit and Comfort: Because of their customized nature, 3D printed dentures tend to fit better and are more comfortable for the wearer. They minimize issues such as slippage, sore spots, and irritation that can occur with standard dentures.
- Faster Production Time: Traditional dentures can take several weeks to be manufactured, involving multiple visits to the dentist. 3D printed dentures can be produced in a shorter time frame, reducing the waiting period for patients. Dentures can be made in as little as two visits depending on the case complexity.
Asiga UVMAX 3D PRINTER LUCITONE DIGITAL PRINT DENTURE
- Reduced Material Waste: The 3D printing process generally results in less material waste compared to traditional manufacturing methods, making it a more environmentally friendly option.
- Cost-Effectiveness: In the long run, 3D printing dentures may become a more cost-effective solution. While the initial investment in 3D printing technology may be significant, the ability to produce dentures in-house or through specialized labs can lead to cost savings over time.
- Digital Precision: 3D printing relies on digital models, which ensures a high level of accuracy and precision in the design and production of dentures. This can result in better functionality and aesthetics for the patient.
- Design Flexibility: 3D printing allows for the creation of complex geometries and detailed features that might not be achievable with traditional denture manufacturing methods. This enables the dentist to create dentures that closely mimic the appearance of natural teeth.
- Lightweight and Durable: 3D printed dentures can be designed to be lightweight and durable, making them more comfortable to wear and less likely to break or crack under normal use.
- Better Biocompatibility: Some 3D printing materials used in dentures have demonstrated improved biocompatibility, reducing the risk of allergic reactions and irritation in patients.
- Accessibility: 3D printing technology is becoming more widespread and accessible, making it easier for dental professionals to integrate this innovation into their practice and offer the benefits of 3D printed dentures to their patients.
While 3D printed dentures offer numerous advantages, it's essential to note that they may not be suitable for all patients. Each individual's oral health and specific needs must be assessed by a qualified dental professional to determine the most appropriate treatment option. As technology evolves, 3D printing in dentistry is likely to continue advancing, providing even more benefits and possibilities for patients in the future.